In order to provide complete functionality this website needs consent to store browser cookies. If you don't allow cookies, you may not be able to use certain features on the website including, but not limited to; log in, or order services. It is recommended that you allow cookies.
About OASIS® Floral Products
Since we revolutionised the world of floral design back in 1954 with the invention of our amazing water-absorbing floral foam, we've never stopped innovating, problem solving and trend hunting in order to provide exceptional products and outstanding service to professionals of the floral industry.
Globally, OASIS® Floral Products is the most recognised and trusted brand in the industry. Together with Floralife®, our technology touches flowers all around the world, from their beginnings with the grower, through post-harvest treatment, to the care and handling by the florist and eventually, the end recipient of those beautiful blooms!
Here in the UK, we manufacture our famous floral foam at our factory in Washington, Tyne and Wear, as well as sourcing all the other beautiful and useful sundries a floral designer needs to create the perfect arrangement. From birthdays and anniversaries, to weddings and funerals, we support florists with our products and service as they work to create memorable designs for the moments that matter in life.
What Makes Us Different?
If it's important to YOU, it's important to us. We measure our performance based on all the things our customers value, such as product availablility and delivery. Visit our Value Proposition page to see how we're tracking!
About Our Website
Welcome to the OASIS® Floral Products website for trade customers. Whether you're a florist, events company, wedding venue, or any other type of business that benefits from our innovative products, you can shop our full range of over 4500 products here.
To get started, you'll need to create an account here: Create An Account
YouRewards is our way of giving something back to our customers.
So how does it work? You can join our YouRewards club for free today. Once you are signed up, you will automatically start earning a stamp with every order you place. When you reach 10 stamps, you will receive a voucher to the average value of your past 10 orders. So, the more you spend, the greater the reward.
Don't miss out, click the image below to find out more and to sign up to YouRewards today.
ISO9001 QUALITY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
We are very proud to share with you that Smithers Oasis UK / OASIS® Floral Products are now certified to ISO9001:2015, Quality Management System by SGS.
What does this mean?
Being ISO9001 certified shows that we are committed to the continuous improvement of our procedures, our systems, our products and our services.
Our passionate and experienced team have been working hard behind the scenes to deliver better performance in all areas, from the sourcing and manufacturing of products, right through to how we work with our customers to resolve any issues.
Ultimately, it means we are giving YOU the best possible service.
£30,000 - £32,000pa & Bonus
Smithers-Oasis is a globally successful top 200 North East Company developing floral foam products and are world renowned as the market leaders in their industry.
Recent years have seen the company diversify their range of products and the customers they supply to, with huge potential for this to evolve further as the company continues its exciting journey of developing innovative products for new markets and industries.
Opportunity & The Person
We are looking to hire a motivated Maintenance engineer to join an evolving team within our business. As the New Maintenance Engineer, you will form part of a supportive, day shift-based engineering team responsible for carrying out day to day preventative and reactive maintenance, on a variety of machinery and equipment. You will ensure all PPM tasks are completed on time and to the required standards. The ideal person will have a proven record, be able to build strong positive relationships and actively committed to individual and team success. You will be able to perform to a high level of accuracy, be meticulous and well organised.
- Ensure all PPM tasks are completed on time and to the required standards.
- Improve plant OEE by ensuring issues are dealt with in a swift and effective manner.
- Ensure all departmental documentation is completed on time and to company standards.
- Develop the PPM system for key items of plant in conjunction with the maintenance planner.
- Carry out proactive and reactive maintenance on a variety of equipment.
- Rapid response to customer demands with a quick diagnosis of the issue and an effective fix.
- Develop and recommend solutions to improve equipment availability to Maintenance Manager.
- Ensure all work undertaken is done via the company safety rules and procedures.
- To co-operate readily on the development & implementation of autonomous maintenance.
- To undertake any other duties that may reasonably be requested.
- NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in mechanical or electrical engineering.
- Ability to read mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic engineering drawings.
- Ability to logically fault find on manufacturing equipment.
- Good understanding of pneumatics & hydraulics.
- Good problem-solving and organisation skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues across department to find effective solutions.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office to intermediate level or above.
- Appreciation of PLCs, if Electrical.
- A qualification in Health and Safety is desirable.
Experience of working closely with multiple departments, e.g. HR, Sales and Warehouse to resolve customer queries
Proven problem solver using listening skills and asking the relevant questions
High degree of flexibility, willing to go the extra mile with the ability to embrace change
Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal.
Strong people skills.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the future of Smithers Oasis and their UK growth strategy.